Exercise is a highly effective, but poorly used, treatment for a number of chronic conditions.
This conference intends to look at the following:
· Cancer Fatigue
· Cardiac Rehabilitation
· Graded exercise for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
· Low Back Pain
· Falls Prevention
1. Provide the evidence and rationale for the different types of exercise for different clinical conditions.
2. Discuss practical tips on the “how to” of different disease-specific exercise regimes.
3. Provide evidence of a variety of clinical conditions where exercise has been found to be most effective.
4. Discuss some of the important cognitive, social, and logistical issues that form part of an effective “exercise prescription”.